Notes from the pastor
Advent – A Season of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love
Christmas is in the air, even here in the Sonoran desert. The days are growing shorter, the nights longer, and there’s a distinct chill in the air. Even though the malls and online retailers remind us that there are only so many shopping days left before Christmas, we know that there is a far more significant “reason for the season.”
Advent is a time of holy expectation. Of waiting. Of preparation for the coming of the Christ child. In fact, the word advent literally means coming. And so it is that for four Sundays before Christmas, we prepare our hearts for the season by recounting and remembering both the prophecies that foretold of Christ’s coming and the gospel stories of his birth.
- Dec 3 will be the first Sunday in Advent this year. The candle for Hope will be lit and our message will be “A Season of Hope.”
- Dec 10 will feature the candle for Peace, and our message will be “A Season of Peace.”
- Dec 17 will feature the candle for Joy, and our message will be “A Season of Joy.”
- Dec 24 will feature the candle for Love, and our message will be “A Season of Love.”
- Then, a special Communion and Candlelight Christmas Eve service will also be conducted at 7:00 pm on Dec 24th. Our message will be, “A Census, An Angel, and a Star.”
Please join us each Sunday morning for the Joy, Fellowship, and Inspiration of worshipping together as members of the family of God.
Pastor David Pace
PS – Don’t forget, Voyager “Contemporary” Chapel will be meeting in the ballroom at 5:30 pm on Dec 3, and Dec 17. If you enjoy contemporary Christian music, and a more informal worship atmosphere; take a break from the shopping and the football games and come worship with us.